Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Best in the World

Kinook, my love, I write about the dogs that came before you, and I can't wait to get to write about you soon. 

And as I write, I understand how much I've grown in my capacity to love and care. You are the best dog in the world for two reasons: one, you are bright, empathic, kind, polite, dignified, patient and a pleasant, undemanding, easy companion. You have never chewed things that weren't yours, I could trust a great deal with you, from objects, to guarding the house when I was gone, to your watching over my client sessions when I'm working from home. 

To those who might protest your title, let me explain: the Best Dog in the World is a poetic way to say that you, my adorable pup, are the most beloved dog, in my eyes the most beautiful, and in my heart, the brightest.

The second reason for you being my best pup is that while caring for you I have learned to love more, with more compassion, more empathy, more responsibility, more commitment, and most important of all, more presence. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and these eyes of mine opened wider than before to take in the love which appears as beauty.

You are so beautiful, and I can see it! You are so loveable, and I can feel it. You are an awesome dog, and I can appreciate it. 

Ookie, did you feel loved? How much were you able to trust me? How close was I to being the best human in the world for you?


Kinook Sweet Sixteen

No comments:

Post a Comment